Thursday, February 17, 2011

Do campers shit in the woods?


Is it worth getting a portable camping toilet? I am not fond of handling solid waist or looking for a spot to shit in the woods and stumbling over my husbands last "thinking" spot. So I am looking for a portable toilet option that requires little to no cleaning. I found  this web page that outlined different portable toilet types and there pros and cons. I found out that there are three different types; bucket toilets, folding toilets, and portable flush toilets. I immediately omitted the flush toilet from the list because as the mother, guess who would be cleaning it. The bucket toilet seams big and unstable for our toddler son. So I am left with folding toilets. My genius idea is to use biodegradable bags with the toilet. After each use we will place them in a hole we dig in the earth. When we leave camp we will fill the hole back in and presto I don't have to do any toilet cleaning.



I am thinking something like this TravelJohn.

No comments:

Post a Comment